A Child’s Embrace is workiling diligently to raise funds for a brand new adoption program in Africa. This program will be administered by our sister agency, Kids To Adopt. It is our hope that we can help some of these children can find loving families to call their own.
When Kids To Adopt’s Executive Director, Dan Roberts, visited Burkina Faso, he took many photos that will captivate your soul. Please take a moment to view this slide show.
Here are some alarming facts that may surprise you:
- There are over 40 million orphans in Africa.
- There 12-15 million orphans with HIV.
- 40% of the African population lives in slums.
- More than 50% of Africans suffer from water related diseases.
- In Sub-Saharan Africa, measles takes the life of a child almost every minute.
- About 2 million children die every year due to diarrhea from sanitation issues.